Kitimat Fire Department (City of Kitimat)
The Kitimat Fire Department provides pre-hospitalization care, fire prevention and suppression, hazard mitigation and rescue.
Provide a turn-key solution for a large outdoor sign to increase community safety awareness.
- A tailored solution requiring 1-on-1 requirements discovery
- Competitively priced through open bidding
- 3-month execution timeline
- Construction / engineering / logistical challenges for the install location (1400 km from the closest major city).
We designed, fabricated, and installed a turn-key solution that features:
- A 2.4m x 1.2m double-sided outdoor colour LED sign
- Vandal glass for protection
- Concrete work: 2-post steel structure, engineering permits, paint and finish
- Conduit trenching, electrical and data connections
- Training, initial content, and ongoing support
Utilizing several phases of design and engineering review resulted in a higher acceptance with the client.
The sign was delivered on-time and on budget. The Kitimat Fire Department has increased its ability to effectively communicate safety messages with out of town visitors and residents.